Q. How do I know if I’m eligible for Medicare?
· You are eligible for Medicare if: You are at least 65 years of age, and:
· Have worked 10 or more years in Medicare-covered employment, and paid (or a spouse paid) Social Security for at least 40 quarters.
· Are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
· Have been diagnosed with ESRD or ALS (any age).
· You are not yet 65 years of age, and:
· Have received 24 months of Social Security Disability income.
Q. I’m 65 years old and going onto Medicare, but I have a pre-existing medical condition, what will happen?
· This is not an issue when you initially become eligible for Medicare whether by aging in (age 65) or being under 65 and meeting your 24-month wait period. In both instances you have a 7-month window to enroll, without underwriting.
· However, if you enroll outside of your initial enrollment window you could be underwritten.
Our goal is to educate and provide options that meet your budget. We know one plan does not meet everyone's needs. Give us a call at 509-293-4374 and we'll set time aside for your personal review.